Travel soccer is a fall sport. Tryouts take place April/May, team announcements in May, practices start July/August, season begins Labor Day weekend and ends in mid-November. All teams participate in a Columbus Day weekend tournament.
ALL PLAYERS MUST BE A RESIDENT OF SPRINGFIELD SCHOOL DISTRICT TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR FALL PARTICIPATION.
- U-8/U-9/U-10/U-11 teams play at Netherwood Field
- U-12 to U-15 teams play at Church Road Field
- We finish the season with an annual soccer banquet usually in January
- Games are played on Saturdays and Sundays
- Away games will vary but typically you won’t need to travel more than an hour per game
2013 Early Fall Practice Schedule
Springfield Travel Soccer is excited to announce the 2013 Girls Fleet Cleats Academy!
The Fleet Cleats Academy is a program to supplement the intramural experience and to bridge the gap between intramurals and travel soccer. Girls will train with a UK Elite professional coach for 9 training sessions and will be able to use their skills in the SAA intramural program weekly. Also the Girls will take part in Springfield’s first Friday Fall Soccer Fest with U7 and U8 teams from Haverford and Nether Providence. At the end of the program the girls will play in the Haverford Welsh Cup against other U7/U8 teams. Last year opponents included teams from Lehigh Valley, Fishtown SC, Lower Merion SC, Haverford and Nether Providence.
Here are the Highlights:
- 9 Monday Night Training Sessions (8/26, 9/9, 9/16, 9/23, 9/30, 10/7, 10/21, 10/28, 11/4) at Church Road Field from 6:00 to 7:30 with a UK Elite Coach.
- Friday Fall Soccer Fest at Church Road From 6:00 to 8:00 10/4/2013 with Haverford and Nether Providence.
- Entrance into the Haverford Welsh Cup Tournament on Saturday 11/23/2013. Three game guarantee.
- All girls with birth dates from 8/1/2005 to 7/31/2007 (U7/U8 Age groups as defined by US Soccer)
- Cost is $115.00 for new enrollees which includes a Fleet Cleats dry-fit jersey/ $105.00 for returning players who have their jersey.
Please contact Frank Mirigliano at email@example.com to register. Registration fee (please make checks payable to Springfield AA) is due no later than 8/19/2013 and can be mailed to:
28 Longview Dr
Springfield, PA 19064
Springfield Soccer Club is proud to announce its first (hopefully not its last) goalie clinic. The clinic will be run by Andy Hoopes at New Netherwood Field Tuesday nights July 9, 16, 23, and 30 from 6:00pm-7:30pm. Cost is $50/player and is limited to 8 players. Register now at http://springfieldsoccerclub.net/registration/
Once registration is full you may join the waiting list. If there is enough interest we may add a 2nd session. Please contact Keith Bennett with any questions at 610-308-2139.